Tuesday, April 13, 2010

you can't take the country out of the girl!



We had an amazing afternoon yesterday. The boys were dying to swim in the lake so we let them. It only took about 5 minutes though before they were freezing...can't wait until we can actually swim and play without getting frost bite:) Me and the kids spent time in the sprinklers, playing with our lone duck (yes he's still alive...he sleeps in the garage every night - mission complete...so far) Keldyn and I went for a run and then we watched the princess and the frog. We were having so much fun that Keldyn and I both forgot he had homework - oops - he did get up and finished it this morning with little to no complaining! While we were playing in the sprinklers, Rielyn had to pee...she was already soaking wet so I told her to just pee...she looked at me like I was crazy and said but mom my pants will get wet!! Needless to say, she ended up striping half naked and pee-ed in my flower bed (there's no flowers just leaves in it) It was hilarious...I have to remind myself that we don't live in the country and that more than likely my 80+ year old neighbor saw the whole thing!!! David is eatin up with the fishing bug so he won't be mentioned much:):)!Rielyn's arm is doing great, bruising and swelling are both gone and she's back to normal...
Funny story...we were sitting in church and the preacher mentioned something about Jerusalem (SP??) and Rielyn in the only not so whisper voice she has asked me "is Jerusalem real? and I said yes and she smiled really big and said "i want to go there!" that is her thing right now, if things (places and people) are real (Taylor Swift, Toby Mac, Hannah Montana, the backyarigans, ETC) she's a nut.

have a blessed week - love to all!

4 comments:

  1. as long as it's only pee, right? oh the stories from days gone by - which by the way, do NOT need to be mentioned in cyberspace :)

    sounds like you guys had fun

    is the voodoo guy in the princess and the frog scary? you know how my boy is

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. a little...ok well alot. mine did ok with it and we talked about who magic and all that's not real and how that God is the only one who truly has power. the rest is just deception of the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what bec-- no stories on the web? Come on... Please I can't tell you how many public places I have had to stop MC 2 from peeing. Country living has its drawbacks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. then it sounds a little too much for mine - he doesn't even do when the music changes - no dramas for him

    remember - mine is the one who peed off the front porch - and we don't live in the country - not even close

    ReplyDelete