Wednesday, April 14, 2010

We Choose Tulips & Roses


Ok - I'm taking a bit off Rhonda - while reading my wallflower book, that is the next thing we are going to be discussing - I choose. This concept is really big...becasue in essence we all choose everything....there's nothing that just happens to us (with the exception of health issues maybe and even that can be questionable) You choose your career, you choose who to marry, you choose to have goals or not, etc, etc. David actually used this saying with his bball boys this year and even had bracelets made...ND Hoops... I Choose...his thing was you choose not to do homework, you choose to misbehave in class, you choose to not work hard in practice, you choose to have a bad attitude. The same goes for our lives as well.... I choose to get frustrated or stressed out, I choose to not do housework and then stress when my house is a hot mess, I choose to take walks with my kids and then are frustrated when they don't get into bed until 9:00....I choose to be shy and be a wallflower...my excuse, that's just how I am, its the way I've always been....like I said excuse...I personally struggle however when I have to be one way in order to get results for my job and am torn with the contradiciton of how I should be in my walk with God....there are days when I'm not nice and I have to rip girls and not allow them to settle for less, or half-way doing something. God did not call us to be good, he calls us to be GREAT. Good is the enemy of GREAT! Are we all called to be polite, gentle and ladylike all the time? (like a tupilp?) or is it ok that I have thorns and sometimes those thorns prick people the wrong way! I am aware of the things I choose - and want to make better choices - it is hard when I have soooo many "hats" that I have to wear in order to function in my life! (please don't misinterpret this as me saying my life is hard...its not...by any means...i am so amazingly blessed its ridiculous!)

3 comments:

  1. Look at that wallflower opening up! We do choose...each and every day:)Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great post - "good is the enemy of great' i will have to remember that one

    good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. and now for my opinion...sometimes we have to be a bit prickly too. We are not called to be nice all the time, we are called to love all the time, and sometimes that means discipline and stern words.

    ReplyDelete