Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shopping!




I made the mistake of taking my 3 kids shopping with me yesterday. My mission, khaki shorts. Old navy was having a sale on theirs so I thought perfect! I love hanging out with my babies but when shopping they are honest, brutally honest. The boys especially! So I try not to take them with me when I can. Anyway, after nothing, and I do mean nothing, we left empty handed. Once we got into the car I said "why is it that when clothes don't fit, we think something is wrong with our bodies...heaven forbid it should be the clothes that are messed up." The kids agreed. Then the next store, I took Rielyn in with me to try some shorts on...again. and in frustration I said "Why don't they fit!" to which Rileyn replied...mom - your body's messed up! I stopped being frustrated and ventured on to the next store in which i was successful. I have beocme handy at sewing up the waist of pants. It is very difficult to dress a size 4 waist but a size 6/8 butt and thighs! (working on not being insecure about that)
on a side note - David caught this fish monday night...he was so pumped! Biggest one he's EVER caught on our lake! Then, Tiff and Marla went walking and Jayden wanted to stay with us so he did. They decided to watch a movie - it's pretty neat when the little ones start growing up and can hang out with the big kids!

6 comments:

  1. If you have issues over having a size 4 waist and size 6/8 butt and thighs then I have real issues. Girl, your body is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clothes ARE NOT made to fit me though. and it drives me nuts that i have to buy somehting and then go home and fix it!!!don't have issues with it until i try to buy clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right - you should probably give away everything you own and start over (hehehehe!!!) but, seriously, amen sister - shopping is fun when you look, but then when you start trying stuff on - AARRGGHHHHHHH!!! frustrations galore

    love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL SWEET GIRL. TRY HAVING MY PROBLEM. YOU CAN'T TAKE UP 3/4 OF A SHIRT OR DRESS. JUST HAVE TO WEAR IT BAGGY IN ALL THE OTHER PLACES OR LEAVE IT UN BUTTONED (HEHE) YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN BOTH INSIDE AND OUT. oH TO HAVE YOUR SPIRIT AND LOOKS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. try fitting the girls up top and not look 9 months pregnant:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TO have girls up top would be awesome! When Andrew was 3 (and he will die over this story one day) he told me to lie back down. I did and he said, "Wow! You're magic! When you lie down, your boobies disappear. When you sit, there they are!" Yep, that about sums it up!

    ReplyDelete