Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter & Rielyn





We had a great Easter weekend. Friday we got out of school early so we came home and worked in the yard, then fried some fish David had caught. No offense David Beard, but my David's got you beat!! I'll take his anyday of the week. On Saturday, David went fishing with our baseball coach and me and the kids cleaned house. We opened up all the windows and screen doors bc it was SO beautiful outside. Downside, at about 4:00 after a day of cleaning, I looked out across my living room and there was a small layer of green pollen EVERYWHERE! It took 3 swiffer pads to get it cleaned up and I had to redust all the furniture. We had some friends over for dinner, David grilled chicken and steak, I made my famous cheesy potatoes and our guest brought bananna pudding for dessert. Afterwards, we made a fire in our fire pit and just sat outside visiting! Coach Newsom bought the kids ducks for Easter so we have 6 black baby ducks running around as well!!! They are super cute!
Sunday the kiddos got up and opened their baskets, we went to church and then came home and David grilled fajitas - they were sooo good. Then we hunted eggs and took a nap - what a day!!
Last night, Rielyn got her wrist caught in a gate at the softball game. It took off the top layer of skin and it is pretty swollen. It doesn't look broken but it still hurts. She got to sleep with her "Daddy" last night so that helped! Daddy's girl - he makes everything better for her!! We are doing great other than Rielyn's ordeal. Getting things ready for summer (camps- hosting and going - aau, summer leagues, etc) and finding time for a mini vaca!
And yes, I am getting a haircut - TODAY! That one pic of me and David doesn't even look like me. I did however grow my hair out much to everyones doubts from high school - don't like it but I did it!!:)

1 comment:

  1. now THAT was a post - nice job - and love the pictures - you were the only one not in the same color scheme - sup with that? you all look great!! you have a beautiful family - and it sounds like you had a great weekend - where's the mini-vaca?

    glad the wrist is better - will be praying - no picture?

    love ya
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete