Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Days!!!






The one of the pier and the snow is too good. David and the boys were making one snowman. David made Rielyn her own. And the other is out of Mark and Marla's back yard, looking down the creek.


This was the night before, waiting for snow. And the other is the BIG breakfast we had before going out!


Snow man #1


The boys could not help themselves to wrestling in the snow!


You'll notice Rileyn is crying...her hands were FREEZING!

Yes, I am a little late but Rielyn's prayers were answered - we got to make snow angels! We actually made our whole family of snow angels but the picture didn't turn out. I woke up Friday at 6 bc we had already been told a late start. I looked outside and there it was!!!It was beautiful...I saw on the news that area schools were closed so I was hoping! David came out of the bedroom at around 7:15 and said "No School!" Within minutes the kids were up and super pumped. David wanted to wait until 10 or so to go outside but WE just couldn't wait that long. I made a big breakfast (egg,bacon and cheese biscuits) so we would be good and full before our morning of being outside. We made snow men, snow angels and even hooked up the tube (for the water) to the back of the 4-wheeler and took the kids for a spin! We walked the neighborhood and took lots of pics. Tiff and her family came over and the boys had a snowball fight with a couple of the girls down the street. It was a great day! And even though we'll have to make that day up...it was totally worth it to see my kiddos sooooo happy! Thanks God for an awesome SNOW DAY!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! the pictures are great and it looks like you guys had a blast! it was so much fun! except i had to go to work at 11 - until 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good time! So very worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I had been able to be there but work got in the way. It was beautiful and I know they (and you) had a blast.

    ReplyDelete