Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Crazy Life!

Friday, I took a half day off from work bc Keldyn had a kite flying/picnic at school for mother's day. We had a blast. He found an Eagle kite at the Dollar Store and was super pumped. I was worried at first bc the Eagle did not want to fly. As we went along though, that little Eagle ended up being the highest kite there. It was so much fun, Keldyn has one of those contagious laughs, so I was laughing just at him laughing. We left about 12:30 to go be with all the cousins. David and I grilled chicken for dinner that night.
Saturday, the girls (Tiff, Steph, Marla, Meredith and myself) left the house at 6:45 am to participate in the Run Like a Mother 2K run...we had a blast.Then we went to Starbucks for some caffeine and did a little shopping. Got home made lunch for the kids and Keldyn got sick. He apparently got a bug from somewhere and it hit him pretty hard. He's one tough dude. He threw up about 8 times within about 5-6 hours. Good thing for him though is that he slept all in between. He was feeling well enough to take family pictures...quite a trooper. We had brisket for dinner at Mark and Marla's and then we all played outside. I started a fire in the pit so as dusk came, we made our way around that. That is my favorite part of living on the lake....sitting around a fire watching the water and the sunset.
Sunday, Keldyn was feeling well enough for church so that was good. After church we had chicken spaghetti that Tiff made and then we took naps. Sunday night after church, however, i got the bug. It was horrible. Severe stomach cramps, lots of throw up and other things....i just kept praying for God to give me all of it if it kept the rest of the family from getting it. If Keldyn felt like i did, he's way tougher than me.
Monday I had to go to work bc i had organized fitness gram testing for the entire high school and needed to be there to organize some last minute details. Still didn't feel good, but suffered through. Monday night, the kids were awesome. They each made their own dinners bc i didn't want to touch anything they would just in case. Then they watched a movie while i slept and pretty much showered and put themselves to bed. Rielyn was super sweet....she said "mom, i hope you feel better soon bc i want to hug and love you." I wasn't letting them touch me to keep germs away. David and I leave for Austin on Thursday for the State Track Meet. David's birthday is Friday and Joshua having his party on Saturday. Busy times. I am reading Fresh Brewed Life and it is really good. (Well, i haven't read it in two days but you know why) I got an amazing gift from a former athlete, she wrote a book about my influence on her life. Her mom mailed it to me and it was very difficult not to cry throughout the entire thing. Just reminds me of why I love doing what I do, it matters to someone. I'll post pics soon of the kite flying and family photos.

2 comments:

  1. wow - she really wrote like a whole book! that is awesome!! i definitely want to see some pictures of your weekend - love ya

    ReplyDelete