Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Worst Mom Ever!

My kiddos swam yesterday for 8 hours...i put sunscreen on them 1 time....they are sunburned and i am officially the worst mom ever. :( It was so sad, they were hurting so bad last night. we've applied multiple layers of aloe vera gel, but i still feel terrible. We had a productive weekend. David got back early Saturday so we were able to get some of our own chores done. I cleaned out all of our flower beds and am getting them ready for new plants. David and I built a fence Sunday. A small one on the side of our house to cover up trailers and lawnmowers. It took a little less than 3 hours so we were pumped about that. Yesterday, we did more yard work and the kids swam...they had free hot dogs and such through the volunteer fire department so we did that for lunch...small towns....love em! Sarah and Charlie came by for a little while with their kids. Peyton despeately wanted to go on the pontoon boat but Pappy has the keys in Dallas (he didn't want Lala taking it out by herself). Tiff and her kids also came over and swam. It was a productive, yet relaxing memorial day! Four days of school left ....Whew Who!

4 comments:

  1. Next week you can pass that worst mom ever crown to me becasue I am sure I will do something to merit it. We just pass it around:)Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you people are talking about - pass it around - I never need that crown!! I mean, really, it's not like i don't leave my toddler in the car and lock the doors with the keys in the car or anything. please!

    glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Becca. I don't think I need that either. It's like I throw the car into park and yell at the top of my lungs at my 2-year-old because he used to cry EVERY DAY on the way to the sitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get the worst mom of the year. I had to take my 6 yr old, Jace to Dr. today because he got 2nd degree burns while in the pool all day Monday. He has HUGE blisters on his shoulders and back.

    ReplyDelete