Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Something Bit ME!


Ok...so we were swimming in the lake Sunday afternoon and all off a sudden Keldyn yells "Ouch, something just bit me!" I said well get out of the water...he just stood there...I'm thinking snake. He says no it was a turtle. I check and sure enough he has two small, microscopic bit marks on his NIPPLE that produce a small amount of blood....i check the water, no snakes...so it must have been a turtle. The more the story was told we are now thinking it was a brim. a small fish known for nibbling. Later that evening, we went out in Pappy's pontoon boat and the boys jumped in...all but Keldyn....i could see that he was hesitant so i asked him what was wrong and he said "do brim bite any other parts?????" That baby was worried about his manhood! I almost fell out of the boat laughing so hard. I know its not funny, but it kind of is!! Always KELDYN!

Ran in the 5K with Tiff and believe i am now addicted to these crazy races. I had a blast...it helps that i won a medal but i really do just enjoy it. I ran it in 25:44, got 49th out of all the runners; 8th out of all the female runners and 2nd in my age group....i was pretty pumped. Tiff did great as well and we had a blast doing it.

Good lesson at Sunday School this week... came to realize that sometimes God doesn't want you to move mountains but to rely on him to get over them, through them or around them. and that our hard times make us stronger in our relationship with him and in our faith. I'll have more to post on that later!

We've had our 4th cousin from Georgia in this week, Cole, and have had a blast getting to know him. He is an amazing basketball player! we keep trying to talk him into leaving his parents and moving in with us!HEHE! the crazy thing is that he looks like he could be one of ours...he and the boys favor each other...I'll post pics after i get my laptop back from the school!

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe....his little manhood is fish bait:(. Again made Aunt Rhonda laugh outloud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the run!! i think i would pass out if i ran for 25 minutes!! and that is too funny about keldyn

    ReplyDelete