Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why I Do This

Last night we had a middle school track meet. Now middle school kids are a breed of their own and sometimes you wonder what in the world they are thinking and how in the world did you get talked into taking 51 girls on a bus to ANYWHERE! However, one of the greatest thrills of my entire life is seeing kids achieve something they never thought they could. Sometimes, you have to sweet talk them into doing and sometimes you have to down right bully them into it - either way though - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SEEING THIER FACES WHEN THEY DO THIS. The pure innocence of how excited and pumped up they are is worth every bit of it. That's why I do what I do.

5 comments:

  1. What a great post! I'm sure you remember Coach Fleet from Jr. High. Well, she was my favorite coach and you remind me of her. She was so sweet yet so tough all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that's why God called you to do what you do!!!! great job - love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, question Coach. Andrew is in swim this year. He has recently moved up. The last coach he had is a great guy, finds out the kids personalities and coaches toward that. His new coach is great also just very different. The other coach never raised his voice at all and this coach is a screamer. (like me!)She is not screaming at them, but to them. Andrew is very sensitive so he is taking this hard. I have tried to explain it to him and it's gotten a bit better. If this continues, should I try to talk to her? I want him to enjoy and love swim. He still likes it but he doesn't have the love he had before.

    So throw it to me Coach! Oh, and I have said it before and I will say it again, you are an AWESOME coach. I wish Chelsea would have had you. I actually would love to have you talk to my neighbor across the street soon. She is a b-ball player and she does not really get that she can get a scholarship to college playing a sport. I talk about you all the time and use you as an example she should follow.

    Love ya girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just remind him to listen to what she says and not how she says it; if it continues you could talk to her and see what it does. or find another coach. easy when its not school related to do that. tell your neighbor to move to Diana!!!HEHE! i'm not a screamer - not to the kids anyway - officials are another story - so i don't know where it would be coming from...more than likely that is how she was coached and that's all she knows.let me know how it turns out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel the same way. I also feel like that in the classroom. Just the other day I got to tell a senior she finally passed the TAKS test and when she started crying...so did I!!!!

    ReplyDelete