Wednesday, March 10, 2010

spring break


As a child and as a teenager, we never took a spring break vacation. We always had to work over spring break. We grew up on a farm with only the 4 of us girls so we did everything. Spring Break was spring cleaning time...I'm talking about washing walls and baseboards, cleaning closets, yard work, etc... you think of it, we did it. i thought this was what all farm kids did. i found out this past week that it was all a scam. Visiting with my parents, i found out that it was totally set up. they made us work so that we would WANT to go back to school. Can you believe it? mom said, We didn't need the house clean, we just wanted you all to be ready to go back to school, we wanted you to enjoy being at school and would rather be there than at home. Totally going to do that with my kids!!!! This spring break, my kids are helping re-roof a house and helping put new gutters on another house. they will be ready for school to start back. HEHE!

3 comments:

  1. WHAT!!!! i can't believe it - well actually, i can - good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Bec...WHAT!...for nearly 40 years I have been scammed. All that Murphy's oil soap I had to endure...what the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We mothers are very ingenious. Wish I had thought of that one though. Tell your Mom Way to Go!!!

    ReplyDelete