Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ohoy Vey!



Why is it that when you are trying to be a better person, people just tick you off??? Loving the Wallflower book, it is really good so far and going to be quite challenging. I am most definitely a wall flower. Confident in some areas of my life but not so much in others. Always wondering if I am doing enough and if what I am doing is good enough.

We had our middle school girls district track meet last night. Our 7th graders got 2nd overall and our 8th graders got 7th. We were finished by 8:00 and home by 8:45. Please explain to me why parents think that coaches are free daycare. We had parents that did not come get their kids until 9:20!!! We called at 8:30 to tell all parents we would be back in 10 minutes. I have a family people that I would like to be able to see!!!! URGHHH!

Yesterday during High School athletics, we had 7 girls absent. Somehow they are great up until 6th period and then all of a sudden they have to go home before athletics...if you don't like athletics then don't be IN athletics....when i was in high school there was nothing my coaches could have done to make me not want to be in athletics...EVER!

It's only Monday and already the lesson of loving those you are stuck with is kicking in! Not that I'm stuck with these people but really having to work on the loving part....I am learning lessons for later on though:
1. How my kids had better not act when they are in middle/high school
2. How not to act as a parent!

Hope you all have a blessed day - pray for me!

3 comments:

  1. and hoping none of the parents read this;) Ahhh... the world of coaching!
    Hang in there. Loving people doesn't mean you tolerate everything. Confront with compassion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is part of the stuff i don't miss!! will be praying

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not friends with any of them so it would be kinda hard for them to read it.

    ReplyDelete