Thursday, January 14, 2010

hello















Hi! I have a sister, two sisters in law and a friend who all have blogs...so i thought i'd start one as well, and then they can keep up with The Schubey's! Our actual last name is Schubert but being a teacher and a coach Schubert gets shortened to Schubey. I have been married to my husband David for 11 years. we have 3 beautiful children. Bryson (9), Keldyn (7) and Rielyn (4). David and I both coach and teach at New Diana High School. We met in south Texas at Texas A&M Kingsville. His sister Stephanie lived across the hall from me in the dorm and his girlfriend at the time was on the basketball team with me. It's really a neat story because when I went on my recruiting visit there he asked his girlfriend how the new girl was (me) she said "oh, she's ok...she listens to christian music alot and doesn't go out or drink or anything." According to him, he had an interest in me then! Anyway, they broke up and he and i started talking and the next summer were married. (9months total) after two years of marriage baby one came along! we both love kids and i always say that if David had been a pro athlete we'd have ten or more. all of my pregnancies were easy (ate anything i wanted, never had morning sickness, only gained 22 pounds with all 3, etc, etc PERFECT!) we started coaching and teaching in south Texas then moved to the Waco area, stayed there for two years, then moved back to south Texas so David could start a family business with his Dad and one year later we were in East Texas (back home for me) Funny thing is...most of his family lives here too now. His parents and his sister Tiffany live in our neighborhood and his sister Stephanie lives in Dallas (Keith his brother lives in Georgetown) All of my sisters live fairly close (Rhonda in Gilmer, Rebecca in Kilgore and Sarah in Wells..near Lufkin).





I am a real woman. I struggle. I have bad days. I doubt myself all the time (am i a good enough wife, am i a good enough mother, am i good enough at my job, am i a good enough christian)There is only one way that i make it through...Christ Jesus. I jokingly consider my self a mutt christian (broght up Methodist, grandmother was Pentecostel, tried Baptist and non-denominational and now since marrying David have been Church of Christ) i love Toby Mac, Casting Crowns, Mandisa, David Crowder Band, Accapella, Mercy Me, Kirk Franklin (pretty much all of it...except hard rock or rap).. i love my family to Pluto and back and am blessed to have an extended family of 18 young ladies i call the basketball team. that's how it's always been for me. i spend more time with my girls than i do with my own kids some days and i treat them like i would want someone to treat mine. I think of myself as a life lesson teacher and not just a coach...far more important to me for them to be great women who work hard at everything they do, are loyal, dedicated, trustworthy, leaders of their communities when they grow up!!!





My own kiddos are the light of my life. they crack me up...they drive me crazy somedays, but most of the time we are laughing and enjoying life. we live on a lake so we spend our summer days being incredibly lazy (after our work is done) hanging out by the water swimming or jet skiing. Bryson is my analytical child. he has more in common with 6th graders than he does kids his own age. He loves Jesus already with his whole heart and wants to make us proud in everything he does. Keldyn is my wild man. He climbs on any and everyhting and is always busy. he too loves school, but i think its more to socialize, however his teacher says he's great in class. Then there's Rielyn, she's mixture of both the boys. Very logical but will say some of the craziest stuff. David is my best friend. like most husbands, he can drive me crazy sometimes but i am so blessed to be married to him. he is a people person, talkative, athetlic, outgoing and always busy. He loves helping people and would do anything for his family. That's basically it, in a nutshell. i'm not sure how great i'll be at this, no books or anything will get published from me blogging :) but i'd like to share my world with you!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you! Excellent and well done! PS your baby sis has a blog also and will be highly ticked off that you forgot! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! i am so glad that you did this - not being on fb, this gives me a chance to hear all about you guys - so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, perfect, perfect! I am so pumped!!!! You are quite the writer. I enjoyed all of it and the kids loved checking out the pics of their favorite cousins! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete