Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bryson



My oldest son is quickly approaching his 9th birhtday! I can't even believe it. He is super pumped this year because his birthday is actually on Saturday, not a day that we have to be at school or at the gym for games. A little walk down memory lane, Bryson is my basktball baby. I had just graduated college and had my first job and was actually the head basketball coach! I did not tell my school I was pregnant for fear of not being hired! It worked out for a little while, well, six months to be exact because I did not start showing until then. We had not planned on having kiddos so soon becasue David was still in college and I had just finished (God's timing is WAAAAYYY more perfect than mine!) Anyway, I'll never forget, we had a superbowl party and one of our friends (Chad Scholtz) made SPICEY enchiladas. The next day, I was in the hospital! Funny story about that though, the nurse practioner in Kingsville thought I was breech (went in for a checkup) so she sent me to Corpus to the hospital to have it checked out. I went home first and told David and he said oh, you aren't having that baby today, go ahead and go over and you'll be home in a couple of hours. Soooo, I drive myself to Corpus and low and behold I had been in labor the entire time. I had to call David from the hospital and tell him to get over there becasue they were admitting me to the hospital! How exciting! Bryson, actually didn't arrive until Tuesday, and I ended up misseing our last 3 basketball games. Bryson is the oldest of the grandkids on both sides of the families. He is my sweety - now don't get me wrong, he's got enough of his daddy in him too (tells the cheerleaders "you actually think you're helping them" when they cheer) but he is my sensitive one. He loves music and art and basketball! he loves movies and playing video games. He's not a fan of animals, unless they are endangered and need to be rescued! He loves church and his family! He is so stinkin smart it makes me crazy. He can remember things that he reads instantly or things that happened years ago. So, Happy Birthday Bryson, early, from your mom who loves you to Pluto and back! PS (for all three of our babies we ended up living close to Chad and made me spicey enchiladas for the other two as well!)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post!! your love for your kids just radiates - and that is beautiful too!! amen to all of it - he is a great young man and we are so excited to freeze our tooshies (sp) off at his party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Bryson. Casey you are an amazing woman, mother, wife and daughter-in-law. I remember that day well. Hehe, Mark is still not over me leaving him on the couch after surgery to go back to the hospital for his birth. What a joy. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on I must go wash the sap off my hands....okay I am back. JK!! It was a great post. You guys have done a great job with him. When he is 40 he will appreciate it:o)

    ReplyDelete