Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If I'm not "Scary Coach Schubert" then who am I?

That was the question that bothered me for most of the summer months and the beginning of the school year.  Well...I finally have an answer.  I am the teacher that...
1.  greets every student at the door everyday and says good morning or good afternoon to them
2.  starts each class with a good morning and I make them say it back to me (yes, like a preacher does)
3. plays fun upbeat music in my class on Fridays (like Mandisa or Jamie Grace)
4.  Tells them that God IS in EVERY desk in my room
5.  Insists that there is more to life than partying
6.  Finds a lesson in every story and tries to let each student tell their's
7.  Takes them outside to do jumping jacks and turn cartwheels when discussing how to essays
8.  Is happy everyday - even if i have to fake it - because they each have their own set of baggage, they don't need mine
9.  doesn't panic when the principal walks in bc we are gonna do what we do and keep going
10.  is real and honest with them

It took some time. I worry about them and pray for them and want the best for them, even if I've only known THESE students for 8 months.  It makes me sad when I see former students and athletes making poor choices when I know that they know better.  I worry about my own children and it scares me what some of these kids have become exposed to at such young ages (not just exposed but are knowledgeable about)
SO...that's who I am when I'm not scary Coach Schubert.  The love and concern for the kids is the same - it just comes out a different way.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found yourself again:) We knew you were there the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! what an inspiring post from an inspiring woman of God!

    ReplyDelete