Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Few Firsts

This weekend brought on a few big firsts in our house.  #1 Bryson push mowed part of the yard.  He will soon be taking over my job, even though I don't consider it a job.  I would rather mow than clean house ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!  #2 My boys rode their bikes to the store.  I was tempted, really tempted to follow along behind them in the car.  It was cute though to see them riding up on their bikes, bag dangling from the handle bars and to learn who went in and who was on bike duty (the guarder of the bikes!)  #3 I learned that boys clothes MUST be washed in hot water.  They say they will never wear anything but bball shorts and t-shirts to school - we'll see how long that lasts!  #4 All three of my kiddos went running with me and no one quit.  The whole time we were running, Rileyn would randomly say to herself but out loud "I'm not a quitter, I'm not a quitter!"  I wonder if anyone who doesn't know we used to be coaches think we are like some dictator cruel parents??  #5 The boys attended song leader camp yesterday and learned some tricks of the trade :)  Then at tonight's evening service they each sang two songs, but had to find songs that fit the theme of the preacher's message.  I am so glad they enjoy it and have the courage to get up in front of the congregation (I sure don't)  They worked very hard and are encouraged by our church family! #6 My hubby offered to get a house cleaner.  Most women I think would jump at the opportunity but I however was offended by it.  He said it wasn't that I didn't do a good job just not time for as often as its needed.  I'm sure I'll break down and say yes but for now its a no....I'm just a little stubborn :) Not a first, I have piles of papers to grade, end of six weeks was Friday, but yet I keep finding myself doing everything but!  Including blogging :)  I hope everyone has a great week, say a prayer for the test takers that they will have no anxiety, no stress and a ready recollection of everything their teachers have taught them and what they know!  Enjoy the beautiful weather we are supposed to have.  Oh yeah, I forgot...Bryson's DI team for GT got 1st place at STATE and advanced to the global competition in Knoxville, TN!  And yes, it really is global.  He will compete against Canada, Japan, China and the US!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of him! Jump on the housecleaner idea:) The store.....ALONE.....uhm...not there yet:) And no she is not a quitter!
    Have a great week sister dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!! so proud of Bryson and his team!!! way to go! and way to go kids for running! that is great - and i am with Rhonda - get the house cleaner :)

    ReplyDelete