Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mom knows Best!

With much persistance by my mom, I am updating my blog :)  She informed me that she wants to know DAILY what we have been up to....Mom, I feel somedays like I have used up all my words, so daily may be tough, but I can do better.  So here goes:
my babies at Easter...they are getting too big too fast!

Popsicle time with some cousins:)

Mother's Day

first day on the lake of the year

the girls at the run....they are so excited...granted this is BEFORE they actually ran....the after pic was a little different :)

all the girls at the race

me and mine! according to Mark and Marla, she's a mini-me!

We have been super busy.  Track season is wrapping up and David has a long distance runner that has qualified in the mile AND the two mile.  SO, he will be spending his birthday Saturday in Austin, hopefully watching this young lady, who is a senior and are good friends of ours, win state!  The kids t-ball and baseball seasons are wrapping up as well.  Rielyn enjoys playing, but gets a little bored when she is in the field....likes to fill her glove with dirt!  The boys have done great. We sat out last year so they had some catching up to do and have improved a ton...they still love basketball the most (I can't imagine why!!!)  We celebrated mother's day with all of the schubert clan.  Keith and Meredith came in with their new baby Landry (who is totally cute) and Steph and Bryce came in with their new addition Casyn (He and I spent a lot of time together....sleeping!) and Tiff and her kiddos came in as well.  The girls participated in a mother's day dash.  Rielyn had been asking me to run a race and so we finally found time to do one together.  We are all relatively healthy (Rielyn had a spout of 5th's disease, but is on the mends) and doing well.  Lots of plans around the house for the summer (new pier, new boat house, pergolla down by the water, carport...Inside, new mud room, tile downstairs, new backsplash in kitchen, new countertop in laundry room, AND i'd like to paint the inside of my house and actually decorate it...NOT one of my strongsuits...decorating!!! we'll see how that goes)....We are ready for summer....ready for lazy days by the water, ready for sunsets on the back porch, ready for no papers to grade or lesson plans to prepare....ready for summer!

2 comments:

  1. it's about stinkin' time!!! love the update - the run looks like fun and i absolutely LOVE that rielyn is wearing a tutu - perfection :)

    total paradox at the end there -long list of things to do followed by the statement about a relaxing summer - hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say I don't know what a pergolla is?

    ReplyDelete