Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oy!

So, I had an ear ache two weeks ago, sharp pain when I bent over...felt alot like swimmers ear. So I did the whole alcohol thing (putting in my ear, not drinking it) and in a few days the pain went away...HOWEVER, my hearing went away with it.  For the past two weeks, I have had muffled earning...to the point that my students ask "Why are you yelling at us?"  I had David check it (he is the doctor at our house since we dont EVER go to them) and he couldn't see any swelling or redness (and yes we actually do have one of those ear checky thingys....actually Marla does, but we have access to it).  Another week goes by, still no hearing.  I decided to make an appointment to much persistance from our school nurse and low and behold....Sinus infection, ear infection , fluid at the base of the ear drum and the passage way that goes from your ear drum to wherever else in your body is closed.  A shot, a nose spray and an antibiotic later....hopefully, I'm on the mends.  A coach friend reminded me that she was glad we caught it now and not like poor Keldyn who had a sinus infection for over a year and we never knew so we never did anything about it!  Ready for summer to be here!

1 comment:

  1. wow! - doctors are really not that evil - you should check em out :)

    just kidding

    but a year, seriously!!!!!!!! poor buddy!!

    ReplyDelete