Saturday, November 3, 2012

Greatness

There has been a tv commercial running lately that I have really liked.  The coach in me actually paused it, rewound it and wrote down exactly what it said.  It is RG3's commercial about greatness.  The opening line goes something like this "Greatness is not given, it's taken..."  At first, I was like that is so dead on.  The coach in me thinks how true, that no body is going to give you anything - you have to work to achieve any and every goal that you have. 

While that may be true...I really began thinking about what it said ...I now believe this statement could not be more wrong. Greatness is given...God given.  Any and every talent a man or woman has is a gift GIVEN from God.  I could go out everyday and do RG3's workout and I would never be as good as RG3.  

Also, sometimes, success is all about being in the right place at the right time.  That's God's hand on your life.   I know for a fact I would not have played college ball had I not played AAU.   Right place...right time.   

Third, to have a desire to work hard or be the best comes from somewhere.  Whether its self-motivation or an outside factor - it comes from somewhere...something somewhere inspired you...given not taken.  

Not sure what prompted this but thought I would share :)  

1 comment:

  1. glad you did - and i totally agree - it is all from Him. great post

    ReplyDelete