Friday, October 1, 2010

Reality TV

I know, I know, it's been a while and no I haven't forgotten about Keldyn's birthday pictures.  It has just been one of those weeks.  I will try to post those this weekend.  This post however I made time for.  I have decided not to watch TLC anymore. This is one of my favorite channels bc of shows like what not to wear, say yes to the dress, 19 kids and counting, etc, etc.  However, when TLC recently decided to put on Sister Wives, I have decided this is a channel I can no longer support.  We have made a clean sweep of our TV viewing and any channel that has non-Christian shows on it we are not watching it. Now I'm not saying we are sitting around watching TBN all day, but it was amazing how one day of cleaning to some great Christian music instead of being consumed with television will open your eyes as to what you do and do not need.   No wonder people in this day and age are so messed up.  Reality TV (real housewives of whatever county they live in, jersey shore, the real world, etc) are all a joke.  And our nations kids are obsessed with teen reality tv and it is quite bothersome.  so, to end my soapbox, people are more consumed with watching someone else's "reality" tv than going out and living their own fabulous lives and I personally am tired of it.  And at the Schubert house, we've made a change.

2 comments:

  1. Got a little fired up did you? Well.....good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! excellent post - you go girl!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete